Cuc Phuong National Park is a national special-use forest. In recent years, forests have focused on developing tourism, especially eco-tourism specializing in forest preservation and conservation. Let Local Tours Halong to discover Cuc Phuong National Park now!
Where is Cuc Phuong National Park?
Cuc Phuong National Park is the first national park in Vietnam located on the Tam Diep river, between the border of 3 provinces of Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh and Thanh Hoa. Currently, the forest is focusing on tourism activities, especially eco-tourism, which attracts a large number of tourists every year.
Why should you go to Cuc Phuong National Park?
This is a wonderful gift that nature bestows on Vietnamese nature:
- This place has a rich flora and fauna system, many of which are listed in the Red Book of Vietnam.
- Besides, there are many magnificent caves with beautiful stalactites you should explore. especially the ancient cave where there are traces of primitive people.
- Check-in at the hundred-year-old tree.
- Climb to the top of the silver cloud where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the garden and majestic nature.
What does Cuc Phuong National Park have?
Butterfly season in Cuc Phuong National Park
Community eco-tourism area
In this area, visitors can experience many activities such as kayaking, watching rare plants and animals at night, camping in the forest,…
In addition to discovering flora and fauna, tourists coming to Cuc Phuong National Park are quite interested in kayaking and camping activities.
Cuc Phuong Botanical Garden, Cuc Phuong Visitor Center, Creature Rescue, Conservation and Development Center, Animal Spirit Rescue Center, Museum are places where visitors can watch wild animals.
Cuc Phuong Botanical Garden
Walking 3km, visitors can visit Cuc Phuong botanical garden. This is home to many kinds of wild animals, rare in the red book.
The center of biodiversity conservation and development
The center of biodiversity conservation and development is where the animals raised here are in a state of red alert that needs to be conserved. Here, staff collect, plant and conserve genetic resources and breed rare plant species.
The museum is a place to store specimens of endangered or long-extinct species. This place keeps more than 50 archaeological samples, 122 soaked samples, 82 animal samples, 2900 insect samples of all kinds, more than 12,000 plant specimens. In particular, the positive specimen of the slab-toothed reptile was dated to 230-250 million years ago.
When should you visit Cuc Phuong National Park?
In Vietnam, there are 4 seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter, visitors to Cuc Phuong National Park in any season will feel their own special. If you want to come here to discover flora and fauna, we recommend you to go in February to April. However, in April to June, this place converges butterflies to breed, creating a wonderful picture of nature.
- Adult: 60.000 VND/ person
- Student: 20.000 VND/ person
- Children: 10.000 VND/ person
- Children under 5 years old: Free
How to get to Cuc Phuong National Park:
- Bus: you can go to My Dinh / Nuoc Ngam / Giap Bat bus station in Hanoi to go to Nho Quan or Kim Son bus station in Ninh Binh. Then take a motorbike taxi or taxi to go to Cuc Phuong National Park.
- Limousine: pick up and drop you off at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter and give you a better experience
- Train: Taking the train to Ninh Binh is also an interesting experience. This way, you board the train from Hanoi and get off at Ninh Binh station. From here you can take a bus or taxi to Cuc Phuong National Park. Train ticket prices range from 70,000 to 120,000 VND/person, depending on seat class.
- Private car or motorbike: You can easily rent a car in Hanoi. If traveling in a small group, renting a car is the optimal choice for you. You follow Highway 1A to Gian Khau junction (Gia Vien district) – follow Highway 12 about 30km to the forest gate – continue 20km to the attractions in Cuc Phuong National Park.
Notes when visiting Cuc Phuong National Park
- In the forest there are many mosquitoes, please prepare medicine to avoid mosquito bites.
- When visiting the forest, please bring a hat, forest shoes, food and drink, …
- Besides, you need to bring a flashlight to move.