Along with Trang An, Hoa Lu, Hang Mua,… Tam Coc is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Ninh Binh with millions of visitors every year. Joining the Tam Coc boat tour, you will see the rice fields of the people, explore the caves and see a part of Mua mountain from a different perspective. Let Local Tours Halong to explore Tam Coc Boat Tour!
Where is Tam Coc?
Tam Coc is located at Ngu Nhac Son in Dam Khe village, Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province. Tam Coc Bich Dong is located in the complex of Trang An landscapes, Tam Coc is classified as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Why should you choose to travel by Tam Coc Boat Tour?
Boat Tour of Tam Coc (Ninh Binh) is not only famous for destinations like “ Ha Long Bay on Land ” but also for great experiences of riding a boat by foot, which makes tourists very excited.
Tam Coc is known for wonderful views with the surrounding limestone mountains. The two banks of the river were full of fields of local people.
At the halfway of this boat trips, you will have an opportunity to admire the peak of Mua cave from a different point of view. During this tour, you will relax and feel serenity of this place.
What does Tam Coc Boat Tour have attract tourist?
As the boat whisks you away onto mesmerizing sceneries of the blue sky, pure current of water, imposing karst mountains…you will actually see that the view of Tam Coc – Ninh Binh is enchanting to feel every relaxing moments.
During the trip, local people follow a ready-planned route for tourists to see a system of three caves including Hang Ca (Hang Cả) which is called the first grotto measures 127m, the second grotto is Hang Hai, it is far from Hang Ca 1km, with the length of 60m; Hang Ba, the third grotto is near Hang Hai, 50m in length. The system of three caves in Tam Coc has many shining stalactites hanging down, they are all strange-looking shapes this is a gift from nature.
See the atmosphere of a floating market where local people sell a variety of food, snacks and drinks on boat.
It seems to be interesting for visitors to watch the local people row their own boats with legs. According to local people, this unique way helps to reduce the pressure on the back and arm.
Best time to travel to Tam Coc Boat Tour?
- It is possible to go to Tam Coc Bich Dong around April, the weather is relatively dry at this time, no longer the unpleasant heat and humidity at the beginning of the year in the North, but it is not too sunny, the weather is less rainy, so 2 hours on the boat will not something too annoying.
- From January to March of the lunar calendar every year is the Bai Dinh pagoda festival, you can combine going to the ceremony and exploring Tam Coc Bich Dong on this occasion.
- If you want to go to Hoa Lu as well, keep in mind the March 8-10 of the lunar calendar every year, this is the time of Truong Yen festival.
- The end of May and the beginning of June is the ripe rice season in Tam Coc Bich Dong field, then, the image of green rice fields mixed with ripe yellow rice fields will create a picture with patches of yellow rice.
You can buy tickets from Van Lam port at main gate, maximum 2 persons on a Boat. It takes you about 1.5 – 2 hours to visit all the caves ( 3 Caves : Hang Ca – Ca Cave, Hang Hai – Second Cave, Hang Ba – Third Cave).
- Adult: 120.000 VND/ person
- Children: 60.000 VND/ person
- Ferry ticket: 150.000VND/ person
How to get to Tam Coc?
- Bus: you can go to My Dinh / Nuoc Ngam / Giap Bat bus station in Hanoi to go to Nho Quan or Kim Son bus station in Binh Binh. Then take a motorbike taxi or taxi to go to Tam Coc.
- Limousine: pick up and drop off at hotel in Hanoi Ola Quater and give you better expreince.
- Train: Taking the train to Tam Coc is also an interesting exprience. By way, you board the train from Hanoi and get off at Ninh Binh Station. From here you can take a bus or taxi to Tam Coc. Train ticket prices range from 70.000 to 120.000VND/ person depend on seat class.
- Private car or motorbike: You can easily rent a car in Hanoi. If traveling in a small group, renting a car is the optimal choice for you. You follow National Highway 1A to Ninh Binh city center and then follow the signpost to Tam Coc.
Some tips for you to make your trip better
- If you take a boat tour at noon, don’t forget to bring your hat as well as a bottle of water, sunglasses, wear sunscreen if you want..
- During the boat trip, if you would like to stop for taking photos, ask the paddling local before.
- If you stand up immediately without asking, you can make danger for yourself and people on the boat.
- In Summer, it often rains heavily so you should bring along an umbrella, a hat, raincot.
- Early morning and late afternoon on weekdays is a appropriate time to visit without disturbance of the crowd.
If you’re busy and can’t arrange your trip, please reference our tour bellow:
Coming to Private Ninh Binh 1 Day Tour: Hoa Lu – Tam Coc & Mua Caves From Hanoi, you will discover Hoa Lu, the first capital of Vietnam, leisurely on a boat to see the caves and ripe rice fields in Tam Coc and trekking nearly 500 steps at Mua Cave. See Tam Coc from above.
Joining Small Group Ninh Binh: Hoa Lu – Tam Coc Full Day Trip in addition to visiting Hoa Lu, the first capital of Vietnam, you also have time to take a Tam Coc boat to explore the caves and have more time to ride a bicycle around the rice fields. very beautiful here.